Jobs in Canada
International Academy currently helps Nurses to find jobs in Canada. However assistance is given to other professionals to choose courses of short duration and less expense in Canada. These courses facilitate the process of getting jobs in Canada. Visit our student visa section in this website for further details.
Nursing Board Registration & Registered Nurses’ Jobs in Canada
According to the latest information from Canadian immigration authorities, qualified overseas nurses have many opportunities in Canada. To work in Canada, overseas nurses should become qualified enough to meet the Canadian standards and to register with Canadian nursing board. In Canada each state has separate nursing boards and different nursing programs to become qualified and registered in their state. But nurses with any state nursing council registration can register in any state and can work in Canada. We are one of the pioneer institutions in India offering placement guidance for different nursing programs leading to Canadian nursing registration and job opportunities. Every year the International Academy places hundreds of nurses in Canada. There are two ways in which overseas Nurses can enter the Registration and profession in Canada.
- By successfully completing Canadian Registered Nurse program
- By enrolling in a Canadian University for a Nursing Degree where they may be granted some credit for previous study.
Canadian Registered Nurse Program
This includes three steps, Initial Registration from the Nurses council of Alberta, Employer Sponsorship and Canadian RN examination.
Initial Registration from the Nurses Board of Alberta
It is an initial process to obtain Nurses Board Registration in Canada. Any overseas Nurse with a three year Diploma or Degree in nursing with 2 Year or above experience with registration in any State Nursing Board in India with an IELTS Academic overall band 6.5 including Speaking-7, is eligible for Registration if the following documents are submitted.
- Draft CAD 212/- payable at Canada in favor of CARNA ( Alberta nursing council).
- Draft INR 12,000/- (payable at cochin in flavor of international academy)
- Application for Assessment Form CARNA duly filled.
- Documentation for Nursing Experience/Practice Form (2 pages) duly filled
- Authorization Letter duly filled
- Copy of Passport copy
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Notarized document attesting to date of birth
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Photographs (nos. 4)
- Copy of 10th certificate
- Copy of 12th certificate
- Copy of Diploma/Degree certificate
- Copy of nursing Registration Certificate (Initial and Current)
- Copy of IELTS certificate
- Verification of Nurse Registration Form (To be sent to all registration councils (Initial & Current), candidate is registered as RN and RM in India. 1st page filled by candidates and 2nd page completed by Nursing Council. Both pages should be sent directly from Nursing Council to CARNA.
- Transcript Request Form (To be completed by Nursing School. Both pages should be sent directly from Nursing School to CARNA.)
- IELTS – To be requested from IELTS Centre to send applicant’s IELTS result directly to CARNA.
On verification of the documents, the candidates will be issued Initial Registration by the Nurses Board of Alberta. Employer Sponsorship
On successful completion of Nurses Board of Alberta initial Registration, International Academy will provide a unique placement opportunity in Alberta in Canada for nurses. We will organize Employment Sponsorship from Reputed Hospitals and based on this sponsorship candidates will given one year work visa This work visa enables nurse to commence employment as a Graduate Nurse in Canada with starting salary of a minimum of $29.00 per hour.
During the one year Graduate nurse employment, the nurse gets opportunity to attend Canadian RN Examination 3 times. Upon successful completion of Canada Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) the nurse would be absorbed as Registered
Nurse with improved salary structure of $ 31 hour at the same hospital they work as graduate nurse. Based on this employment candidates can take their family to Canada and can apply for permanent residency in Canada. Once the candidates complete RN examination and commence employment, they become eligible to get maximum of $ 5000 from the hospital they work as a registered nurse. The relocation allowance includes flight ticket to Alberta from the country of origin, Work Permit Expenses, 45 days of boarding expenses & PR Expenses. The total Process time of Canadian Registered Nurse program takes an average of 6 – 8 months.
Bachelor of Nursing Graduate Entry
Through this program Nurses can convert his/her degree into Canadian bachelor of nursing degree in 2 years. On successful completion of this program, students will get direct registration in Canadian nursing council and can work as a registered nurse in Canada. Intake in this program is in February and September each year.
Candidates with IELTS Academic overall band score of “6.5 with minimum of 6 in each module and diploma or degree in nursing with registration in India.
Tuition Fees: CAD: 16000
Documents Required For Registration And Placement Guidance:
- Passport size Photograph (2 nos)
- A Curriculum Vitae (Bio-data)
- Copy of IELTS Certificate
- Copy of initial and current nursing Registration Certificate /License (optional)
- Copy of nursing, degree/ diploma certificates, mark sheets and transcripts
- Copies of Plus Two certificates and mark sheets
- Copies of 10th certificates and mark sheets
- Experience letter from present employer and previous employers
- Copy of Birth Certificate (optional)
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (optional)
- Passport copies
Advantages Of this Program
- You Obtain a Bachelors Degree in Nursing in 2 years time.
- You attain registration with Nurses Board of Canada and can work in Canada
- You only require an IELTS “6.5″ for entry to the program.
- You can pay fees in installment
- You can work part-time and full time on vacation and holidays.
- Your dependant can travel to Canada along with you and can work full time in Canada.
- Your initial Program Cost
- Tuition fees 1st semester CAD: 8000 [approximately]
- Air ticket for candidate travel Rs 35000 [approximately]
- Pocket money for candidate to travel Rs 70000 [approximately]
- Application fee Rs. 4000/- to IA
Employment in Canada
Most of the Nurses get jobs from the Nursing Homes or Hospitals where they undergo clinical training as part of their course whereas others will be assisted by International Academy in getting jobs in Canada.
For more details, contact us now!