VISA Processing

You may need to get a Student Visa to study in New Zealand as an international student. You must ensure your course is approved for student visa. New Zealand student visa can be processed in two ways, General Visa process and Fund Transfer Scheme.

Documents required for the visa processing

  • 10th certificate and mark sheet
  • 12th certificate and mark sheet
  • Work experience certificate( If Applicable)
  • IELTS Certificate copy
  • Passport copy
  • Bachelors Certificate , Mark sheet, Transcript copy (If Applicable)
  • Masters Certificate, Mark sheets, Transcript copy (If Applicable)
  • Curriculum vitae/resume detailing your work and personal history
  • An outline of your proposed research. (If Applicable)
  • Print and complete the form Student Visa/Permit Application
  • Visa Application Fees
  • Offer Letter from an New Zealand education provider
  • Evidence that you’ve arranged accommodation through the education provider or through another person
  • A guardian who is eligible to accompany you, if required
  • You’ll have to provide medical and police clearance certificates
  • A passport that’s valid for at least three months past the date you are to leave New Zealand
  • For a child above age 5 ,If traveling along with applicant, child’s school admission confirmation letter from New Zealand school
  • You should provide evidence that you have enough money for your tuition living expense during your study in New Zealand as follows :-

Funds requirement for New Zealand Student Visa

Tuition fees for full course duration or if course is more than 1 year, applicant can show first 1 year fund and remaining course duration, sponsor should provide financial project plan to sponsor applicant for balance tuition fees.

Living expense per year NZD 10000 for full course duration or if course is more than 2 years, remaining course duration, sponsor should provide financial project plan to sponsor applicant for balance living expense.

If married & spouse is travelling along with Applicant

Living expense for spouse NZD 5000 per year for full course duration.

If having Children & Travelling with Applicant:-

Living Expenses per year NZD 5000 per child for full course duration.

N.B :- New Zealand Dollar Conversion Rate = INR 35.

Who Can Sponsor:-

Applicant, Parents, Spouse, Relatives, Cousins.

Funds Acceptable Under General visa process

An Education loan from Nationalized Bank or NZHC approved bank or Saving deposit or Fixed deposit six months old or PF Savings can be used for sponsorship. After visa approval student need to pay only tuition fee to the college and living expense can be kept in sponsors account and need to pay only in installments to the applicant.

Funds Acceptable Under FTS

Applicant should arrange fund for first year tuition and living expense old or fresh in his/her account in India and from this, tuition fee amount should be transferred to college account and living expense to ANZ account in the name of applicant after visa approval.

Lodge your application

After all above documents ready IA will forward your student visa application to nearest New Zealand Embassy. Visa processing can take from 6 to 12 weeks or more.

Visa Approval & Fee Payment

On receipt of your student visa application the embassy will start verification of your file, if the visa application is approved the embassy will forward an approval letter. This letter demands student need to pay minimum one semester fee and also says any other conditions to be met. Based on this we advise student to pay the above fees and organize if any pending documents and will forward to New Zealand embassy along with your passport .The student visa is then issued and the passport sent back to our address or your home address.

Pre departure / Arriving in New Zealand

You can now make arrangements to travel to New Zealand. It is important to review the course/semester timetable to ensure you arrive just before your course commencement date. You can contact IA to discuss your travel arrangements and we will organize your airport meeting, accommodation, medical insurance and other requirements ready for your arrival.

Revoke a Student Permit

If you fail to meet the conditions of studying in New Zealand, immigration may revoke your student permit. This might happen if :-

  • You do not attend your course
  • You work outside restrictions
  • You stop attending the course for which you were granted the visa and enroll in one that immigration has not approved
  • You are required to live with your parent or legal guardian if you are minor and you do not live with your parent or legal guardian

Once your permit is revoked you will no longer be lawfully in New Zealand and will have to leave.

For more details, contact us now!